Well, I typically enjoy pictures more so I share more of them than stories. Tonight however I feel like typing some of the many cute and exciting things that have happened around here lately!
Cade and Carson are both little sponges already! Cade used to just say "boo" when playing Peekaboo, but now he says "pee boo!" They love that one, Patty Cake, and of course 5 Little Monkeys which is what they're doing in the video in the last post. Those are the only ones they do most of the motions for. They love to hear me sing all their little songs - something must be wrong with their ears!!! On that note, sorry about me singing in the video. Maybe in a couple years they'll be the ones singing it! They sing most of the way home from Mrs. Charlie's - it's just not real words.
The words they say are: Mama, Daddy, Uh-oh, thank you, dog (no /g/), ball, baby, Bob (Bob the Builder - the little board books from Chick-fil-a Happy Meals, not from watching TV), duck (no /k/), quack (more like /wak/), moo, ruff (not at all like ruff, yet definitely the same noise every time and different from the word dog), tree (no /r/ - we have a cute border in their room to go with the Cloverfields bedding in their cribs - it's right there when they lay on the changing table, so we count the apples on the tree a lot), Brother (more like /buba/), bye, hello, hey, hi, book (no /k/), more (no /r/), and Papa.
We were looking at pictures tonight of grandparents, and I pointed to lots of pictures of Grandpa, Grandma, Papa, and Nana saying all their names, but Papa is still the only one they say! We sing the "Name Game" song with all the different names in it a lot on the way to Day Care. I can tell they think really hard about saying the names - especially cousin "Austin" - they always want to get his attention when he's outside playing.
Yesterday when they said ball for the first time (that is still their favorite thing to play with - any ball), Carson pointed to the ball and then pointed to a balloon and said ball again! So cute that he's associating them - language development is so fun! And, yes, the speech therapist in me sees the Deletion of Final Consonants Phonological Process, but I'm reminding myself it's developmental!
The boys have been really into chasing and getting "got" lately! They love to roll around with Mommy, Daddy, and each other! They're so cute when they chase - one will go a little ways making a lot of noise, then get quiet, turn around and look for his brother. Then the other one will squeal and they'll both keep going til one grabs the other and giggles break out!
They've been adding to their amount of hands free stepping daily. They can walk about 20 steps without falling. They still prefer crawling if it's to get somewhere with a purpose. They have only climbed about 7 stairs on our staircase, and they always bump down safely on their behinds. One of their favorite things to do now is stand up and then bend over with both hands flat on the floor and their head down looking upside down between their legs- they just giggle and giggle!
Cade has had one bandaid (other than from shots) which he tried to eat off. It actually did end up in his mouth. They've both had lots of bruises and some scratches. Cade has bit his tongue twice. Neither have had anything bust yet.
Oh, I forgot to share details from their last doctor's appointment - the followup to the one where Kevin took them and the nurse later told me they were not at all themselves in the office. Well, I took them back 4 days later. Get this - I forgot their stroller! I just carried them in one on each hip like when we go from the garage to the house. Thankfully they were back to "themselves" in the office, so they sat on my lap and enjoyed pointing to and singing about the monkeys on the wall in the well waiting room entertaining all the little girls and their moms. Then I carried them back with the help of the sweet nurses at the office (Have I said before how much I love them all! They are the best! There couldn't possibly be a better doctors office than Dr. Rabon's!) They each weigh 23 lbs. We were so entertained in the treatment room because of all the farm animals in the mural on the wall. The boys would walk over and point to the animal they wanted me to make the noise for. It was actually very manageable to handle both of them without a stroller - thanks to the totally cool van to open all the doors with all the buttons on the remote. Anyway, the bad news is the boys have Asthma. So we're on a corticosteriod twice every day now. They're doing much better with it - we're glad to know and start to do something about it to help them. The Lord continues to bless them - they're breathing so much better now.
So Daddy's been out of town all week til tomorrow - guess what that means? Mommy's changing things up again. A little background - we always held the babies upright after their last feeding before bed due to the severe reflux when they were newborns. That carried over and has been our special time at night to hold them until they fall asleep. We've always tried to go in and get them back to sleep if they wake up in the night b/c it wakes up the other twin if we don't - until the Doctor told us we were crazy and we could just go in to comfort them after bad dreams and walk back out and let them cry themselves back to sleep - they both always fall back to sleep in around ten minutes or so. That was around 12 months and about the time we realized they slept better if we put Cade in Carson's crib and Carson in Cade's. How crazy - that was all it took and we both started getting much better sleep (except of course when they're sick which is not exactly rare).
So, to my point - Change #1: no pacis (that part was easy - they were ready before now I just held on for the flight to CA and then just haven't had a good time to devote to it until now if they were really attached ). So glad they're gone (in the cabinet just to make sure we don't immediately start up with a yucky thumb-sucking habit like Mommy had)! I despise seeing 3 year olds with pacis. So bad for speech and dentition.
And - Change #2: and I'm laying them in the cribs (still the opposite of what the name above it says) awake after the bedtime routine without holding til they fall asleep. Can you believe it? I still can't!!!!! That's why I had so much time to update the blog about them tonight and why I was able to get lots of pictures in albums last night (I'm only a month behind now) and why I was able to read a good book the night before that! Wow! And they only cry for a heartbreaking 15 minutes - I'm hoping and praying it will get easier on them and less pitiful crying for me to have to listen to. Anyway, that's the reason I'm doing it now while Kevin's on a business trip. It would just be harder on Daddy to deal with that.
They are so attached to Daddy right now. It's so cute when Daddy calls the boys really want to talk to him - I usually put the phone up to their ears for a minute at the beginning and then finish talking with him. Tonight I was making dinner when he called and the boys were bouncing a ball back and forth on the tile floor (not a bouncy ball - a loud "busy ball" that clanks when hitting tile) because they love the sound and chasing after it. Anyway, Cade went in the living room, picked up that phone and put it on speaker phone for him and Carson to talk to Daddy! It was so cute! They will be so excited to see him tomorrow night!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Typing
Posted by Kevin and Lisa at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment