Here's some fun examples of what they're up to:
~~~
Carson: Ride Daddy's white truck, not black truck.
Daddy: Carson, how'd you know that?
Carson: You wear that. (pointing to Kevin's work uniform shirt)
~~~
Cade: Where Daddy go?
Mommy: He went inside Cade. (while we're sitting in the truck in the parking lot since Carson fell asleep)
Cade: Daddy at Lowe's.
~~~
They both can actually point out and name Lowe's, Bass Pro, McDonald's and Wendy's!
~~~
Cade: I not pooped.
Carson: I not pooped, either.
~~~
Carson: I need candy.
Cade: I need candy, too.
~~~
Carson: I ready eat. (every time I wake him up)
~~~
Carson: I heard that lawn mower crank up!
Cade: I heard that lawn mower crank up, too!
Then they proceed to describe the lawn mower as green! All boy(s)!
~~~
Cade: Mommy, read piretrucks pwease!
Carson: Mommy, read 9-9-1.
Mommy: It's 9-1-1.
Carson: 9-9-1 (big grin on his face!)
Hey, it's better than most of my patients recently when working on safety awareness!
~~~
Cade: (driving his car, gets in and closes the door) Get in Tar-Tar!
Carson: (copies Cade, gets out) Get out Cade!
~~~
Carson: ("reading" his Find the Duck book to me) That's hot. That's cold. (pointing to the right faucet handles on the sink where "Cade and CarCar's" toothbrushes are)
~~~
My friend Niccole: something stinks (when the elephants walked in the big top at the circus)
Cade: Tar-Tar (immediately pointing to Carson)
~~~
One night after having pizza, they decided to "make" pizza in the bathtub using their cups and washcloths . . .
Cade: My pete's hot.
Carson: My pizzie not hot. My pizzie cold.
~~~
Cade: Daddy kiss my pinger. (minor bump or scratch or ran over it with toy - something normal)
Mommy: Daddy's not home yet, but when he gets here you can get him to kiss your finger.
Cade: (an hour later, almost as soon as Daddy walked through the door) Daddy kiss my pinger.
Daddy: (kissed finger)
~~~
For those of you who don't know, I love childrens' books and am so thrilled that my boys have picked up this great love for books. Sometimes in the evenings, they don't even want to play blocks because they'll just want to read the whole evening! It's so fun! They can pick up almost any of their books and start "reading" - actually naming or stating memorized parts of the books. They love to have me read books over and over again - all their books. They do have favorites, but I'm sure we've read most of their books at least 1,000 times by now! May be a slight exaggeration! Anyway, they found one at the back of one of the book baskets the other day that we hadn't read in a couple of months. It's called Best Friends and has cute pairings of puppies and kittens! It is very sweet. Anyway, Cade picked it out.
Cade: Best Friends!
Mommy: Who's your best friend? (expecting to hear them say each others' names, but not knowing since we've never asked them this)
Carson: Daddy!
Cade: Doggie! (the little stuffed animal doggie that he got when he had to go to the hospital by 911 ambulance when he was 2 weeks old)
Later that night they changed their answers to Mrs. Charlie that keeps them at her house! How sweet that they love her so much!
Last night and again today . . .
Carson: Mickey Mouse my best friend!
Cade: Mickey Mouse my best friend, too!
Guess they're as excited as I am about riding "Mickey's Boat!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment