CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hearts and Fire Trucks!

We went to the American Heart Walk on Saturday! Cade would not get close to this heart!



They bounced on the entrance to this Jumping Castle but would not go inside!



Carson got to make book-ends at the Home Depot table in the Kids Zone!






Cade got to make some, too, of course!



Amanda is holding her dog Brody while her mother-in-law Debbie holds Bandit! Our Debbie and her stepson Robert are walking on ahead! I got Amanda to push Cade and Carson so I could get a picture of the group, but I forgot to tell the group to look before I backed up (and they just couldn't hear me)!






We did the walk as a way to donate from our facility (along with the $500 raised)! There was a great picture of me and Debbie at the sign recognizing that our company supports the American Heart Association, but we are no longer aloud to advertise the name of our employer on the internet! I can't say that I blame them for that - sometimes I wish to not be connected with the things that I say! Ha! Ha!



~~~



So, here's McGruff the security dog posing with the twins after we completed the very hot walk! I thought I was crazy for wearing jeans - look what this dog is wearing!



We went to Niccole's beautiful house from there to give her a break from unpacking! She's letting the boys color on her unpacked boxes!



Choosing favorite colors - Carson chose blue, of course, and Cade chose brown today!



Mrs. Niccole teaches Carson and Cade all the fun things to be done with boxes!



Alex already knew what to do!



Pulling the wagon full of packing paper!



Of course, they would both fall asleep during the 15 minutes it took us to get to the fire house!



Walking in, the twins both had to hold Michael's hands!



We stopped at the fire hydrant in the entrance! Here's Cade, Alex, Carson, and Michael!



Our friend Rachael (she's a PTA at our work) set up an awesome visit to her husband's Fire Station! Niccole looks giddy with excitement here!



Cade, me and Carson with fire hats on! We learned that the black hats are for the regular firemen and the red hats are for the captains! Isn't that cool! Fireman Jay also taught us that the white fire hat is for the chief!



I got to be in a group pictures with all the little boys - Michael, Alex, Cade and Carson!



Me, Carson, Michael and Cade learn lots of cool stuff from the other fireman, too! He and Fireman Jay were so awesome explaining everything and talking to the boys about fires and trusting firemen!



Alex was born to be a fireman!



Although they talk about firemen and firetrucks all the time - it took the boys a little bit to warm up to the whole thing! Those trucks were huge!



Michael drives the fire truck with his Mommy!



Carson and Cade are driving with their Mommy, too!



We feel very powerful - despite that it takes three of us to drive this monster!



The twins are concentrated on driving while I talk to Michael in the passenger seat!



Rachael found a great big window to look out of!



Mrs. Niccole helps Cade, Carson and Michael get out of the fire truck! When Alex is not in the picture - it's because he's busy exploring and figuring out his fireman job!



You can kinda tell we're in there "driving!"



Driving another one! I think we got in all 4 fire trucks!



The firemen decide to drive one of the trucks out so we can blow sirens and horns!!!!


Cade thought it was funny but didn't want to be the one to blow the horns! He took to Mrs. Niccole the whole afternoon!



The whole crowd with our firemen (and Rachael taking the picture)!



Michael, Lisa, Carson and Alex!






Cade was driving his own vehicle!



Cade liked the jet ski, too!






Cade, Michael, Carson and Alex!



Lisa and Rachael chatting while Niccole mans the camera!








Such serious little drivers!


Cade did not get in the ambulance this time!


The guys showed us the cool medical equipment and tested it on Alex!




Cade, Carson and Michael drive the ambulance with the fireman close to direct them!



The boys from the front of the ambulance!



We had so much fun and I must say that the boys were thrilled to see all those firetrucks and various equipment! They loved it! They are just so in to firetrucks and firemen right now! They love to look out for fire trucks and ambulances and police cars! They're my little heros! We always pass by the fire station on the way to church. As we get close, they usually gear up with: "Firetrucks gonna be on my side today." or melt down with "Firetrucks not on my side today." They always talk about the firemen and the ambulance workers and note whether or not they are there or out to help somebody! It's the sweetest thing to me that they ask me to pray for the firemen and ambulance workers if they're out to help somebody! (I always say a quick prayer for any emergency workers when I see them out and always have since Shellee mentioned that she did that in high school! So, since the boys have been growing up so fast - I've started saying my quick little prayers out loud for them to hear, and they've caught on to how important it is for God to protect these special people!) Just brings me to tears typing it.
~~~
It used to always be Mater from Cars that they wanted to be when we'd ask them what they wanted to be for Halloween. And no, there was no one be Mater and one be McQueen. It was always both wanted to be Mater. Same thing if we mentioned Peter Pan and Captain Hook - they both wanted to be Captain Hook. Mario and Luigi, believe me we threw lots of duo costume ideas their way. They always end up wanting to be the same thing, oddly enough - always the "sidekick" character.



~~~
So, when Fireman Jay sent fire hats home through Mrs. Rachael at Mommy's work a couple of weeks ago they started wearing them all the time. I put a picture of the boys in those hats up on FaceBook, and my sister-in-law asked if they were going to be firemen for Halloween. Great idea, Suzanne! I hadn't even thought of it! I asked the boys: "Do you want to be firemen for Halloween?" Carson answered yes, and Cade said, "And I'll be a policeman!" So the next night we found a Halloween store and tried on the size 2-3 in each. The fireman's hat was much more cool, and Cade started crying for one. The nice lady opened up the size 4-6 package so he could try on the hat, too. Well, then he wanted to wear the yellow outfit like Carson! So he got to try it on. I finally got them convinced that they could wear fire hats with the fireman and policeman costumes, so we bought one of each and left. In the car, about to drive off from the mall, Cade starts talking about Halloween. Carson informs me: "Mommy, we both want to be firemen!" I verified this with Cade (with lots of questions - even asking if he would want to be a blue fireman), and then I called the number on the receipt that said absolutely no exchanges or returns! She was so nice. We ran back in and swapped out the policeman for the larger fireman (no where has 2 of the same size - often true in most all specialty stores, FYI)!


They tried on the costumes the next day after I got them washed and were so excited to wear them all around the house!
A week later, Cade was talking on the way to Day Care that morning, and was pretty set on being a policeman (again despite my questions, including how about a yellow policeman). So that afternoon, before I went to pick them up I drove back to the Halloween store and bought it! I mean, when a two year old is set on being a policeman for Halloween, he should get to be a policeman. Plus, I thought it was so much cuter with them in different little hero costumes! So after getting it washed and dried I had it all ready in their closet with the other fireman costume hidden away. I asked them if they wanted to dress up, and they said yes! Believe it or not - they both wanted to be firemen again! So, we do have 3 costumes for Halloween, and we'll have to see if we have 2 firemen or a fireman and a policeman on Halloween, I guess!

0 comments: