This is going to be a long one, because I've got some little stories to share at the end!
~~~
Well, I don't really like posting without a handful of pictures, so here's the boys making cookies (yes, after Christmas and we're using Christmas cookie cutters yesterday, oh well)!
Notice the flour all over the sweaters - it was actually all on their faces, too! It reminded me of the rice krispies commercial from childhood where the lady throws flour all over herself to pretend like she slaved all over that yummy food. I asked the boys if they slaved over these cookies and they said yeah!
First batch finished!
Carson likes his cookie - Cade had already eaten his!
Then, Daddy brought a ladder in the house!
So, he immediately had a couple of helpers!
Grandpa came to help us change our light fixture in the dining room!
Grandma and Grandpa are good entertainers (and babysitters, thanks Grandma and Grandpa)!
Carson shows Grandma how his new color wonder markers work!
I think Cade was somewhere gathering up all his tools to "help Daddy"!
Here's Cade and Carson on the ladder with their tools!
Carson and Cade are climbing up the ladder (they would only go up three rungs)!
Daddy and Grandpa had to work hard to hang that huge light fixture over the dining room table! (too bad the other two workers were using the ladder ;).
Daddy and Grandpa had to work hard to hang that huge light fixture over the dining room table! (too bad the other two workers were using the ladder ;). So, to address the title - I like to record some of the cute things I've heard the boys say recently, so here's some I've managed to write down:
~~~
One day in the van, Carson said: Ooh bright, Mommy get your sunglasses on cuz I see some sun!
~~~
They're both really interested in bad guys the past several months. I may have mentioned about how they think guys with mustaches are bad b/c Captain Hook has a mustache. We were shopping some day and saw a nice-looking man who was even holding a baby. Carson said, "You're a bad guy." followed by Cade's response, "I'm gonna hit him."
~~~
"I need a bandaid!" That's something I hear both of them say a lot. Of course, usually within 2 minutes of getting the band-aids (of course, both of them are hurt in the same spot when one of them actually gets hurt), they tell me, "It feels better now!" as they pull the band-aids off!
~~~
Whenever I ask the boys where they want to go, Cade answers, "to cut grass" and Carson answers, "to church"! I love those sweet boys!
~~~
Whenever I ask the boys what they want to eat, Carson answers, "Oatmeal" and Cade answers "Gritz"! They actually eat oatmeal and gritz almost every night lately. Hey, at least they'll eat something!
~~~
They always tell me they have their own drawer in their bathroom now (of course, I'm the one who finally cleaned out the drawers so they could have a toothbrush, big boy toothpaste, flosser picks, hair brush and spray water bottle in each drawer)!
~~~
They love to ask me to tell them a story during bedtime now (added to reading books, reading Bible, saying prayers and singing songs). When I tell them the one about the three bears, they love to tell me, "Poridge is oatmeal!" And when we talk about the bears taking a walk to let it cool off, they remind me that: "We don't go for a walk to let our oatmeal cool off - We just stir it."
~~~
These silly boys love to talk about when they get big:
"When I get all big, I'm gonna drive the boat all by meself and turn the motor on all by meself!" On Facebook, I said that was the 21-word quote by the Irish 2 year old Carson Jordan on 11/26/09.
~~~
We pass the elementary school (that they will likely attend) several times a week. I have told them before that will be their school. Cade and Carson will both say, "That's my big school - when I get big I'll go to that school!
~~~
"When I get big, I'm gonna go to that school and not have to hold hands in the parking lot!" Cade and Carson both say that when we go by Conway High School! They also say they will drive Daddy's boat truck and pull the boat behind them when they go to school! I can see it now! I always remind them that they can't go through a parking lot without holding my hands until they are as big as Daddy!
~~~
So, just the other day, Carson told me: "Don't hold me Mommy, cuz I'm 'bout to be big as Daddy!"
~~~
They are really into telling me that they are big now and are very aware that they are growing up. I'm always clarifying that even though they are big now, they will have to be bigger before they do some stuff. Now they both say, "When I get bigger, bigger . . . )
~~~
One of the craziest things I've overheard doesn't even come from the twins. One day at the breakfast nook table, I caught Kevin telling the boys to: "Stop acting like 2-year olds!"
~~~
Cade mimics a lot of what I say at random times. He's started saying: "That's nice!" everytime I tell him something. He also tells me: "Mommy, thank you!" to remind me to say Thanks when he hands me something!
~~~
We were on our way to church the other day and saw a truck like Uncle Adam's on Hwy 22. Carson said, "That's Uncle Adam's truck." I just said no cause I knew they had left in the Explorer. Carson finishes with: "But, Mommy, it matches!" Kevin verified that it was exactly like Adam's truck.
~~~
One day after Christmas but before we got the house undecorated, we heard laughter coming from the foyer. The crazy twins had knocked ornaments off the little pencil trees by the door and were eating, yes eating, the broken pieces of ornaments and laughing about it crunching in their teeth. What's really bad is that I had just had a talk with them about not eating anything without showing it to Mommy first - after hearing Carson say the dishwashing powder looked like sugar! Guess I'm still working with a 2 year old rationale here!
~~~
One of the funniest things I remember from recent is when we were driving by all the Christmas decorations in North Conway. We passed the houses with all the nice decorations and tons of Christmas lights on and came to the first house without Christmas decorations. Cade said: "Oh, they didn't pay their power bill!" You can tell his Daddy works for the power company!
~~~
Friday morning when I went in to wake up the boys, I turned on the bathroom light. Carson quickly said, "Mommy please turn that light off cuz I sleepy!"
~~~
Cade loves to tell me he's going to Georgetown. Carson loves to tell me he's going to Sam's. They'll say different places at different times, but the other day Carson said, "Mommy I'm in a hurry cuz I got to go all the way to the upstate!" He was planning a trip to Nana and Bopa T.'s house on his Little Tykes truck!
~~~
After shots the other day, Carson told me, "That pincher hurt me!"
~~~
Cade stubbed his toe the other day and said: Ow.
Carson: Does it hurt?
Cade: Um huh.
Carson: Want me to kiss it?
Cade: Yeah.
~~~
I love these little conversations I get the privilege of overhearing! Their talk is so cute and I love it every day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment