CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Welcome 2010!

New Year's Day the boys got to play with Daddy while I worked. I helped them get a nap when I got home (meaning I took an afternoon nap, too)! Then we played more. And Kevin and I undecorated the Christmas tree. We also took it apart - our first year to have a really nice pre-lit artificial tree. It was almost our last! That thing was awful - we pulled and pulled and thought we'd never get two sections apart. We were all scratched up and very upset. During the process, Kevin said several times we were taking it back to Lowe's. I really prefer a real tree (course we have had our disaster with that too - it fell over and broke a bunch of ornaments and had water all over the carpet one year), but I think he's determined to make it work next year. We'll see. Here's the boys after they lined up all these couch pillows again (while we were struggling with the tree - Kevin wouldn't let me take a picture of that) and called it their boat!

Saturday morning we slept late while Daddy was hunting! Here's the boys watching out the window as Daddy unhitches the boat! Yes, we did take the wreaths down that day (and all the other Christmas decorations)!

Daddy showed the boys the woodduck he got!

Carson told him to go put that back in the boat!

They lined up the pillows again this morning and when I called it their boat, I was quickly corrected that it was their horsey! Well, ok!
Here's nap time at our house! Yes, these crazy boys decided to wear this outfit Saturday morning! It's the outfit we got in St. Thomas on our Disney Cruise! Well, it was too cold to go outside, so it didn't really matter what they wore. They were funny though. They're both really in to pockets right now (and I really need to start checking their pockets before doing laundry - we've already washed several small items), so Carson could be found at any point during the day with lots of little toys in his shirt pocket. Notice they still sleep with those puppies and their favorite penguins!

Carson is eating oatmeal while watching TV after waking up from his nap!
Cade decided to have a banana!
Sunday night in discipleship training at church.
I'm not quite sure my children were taking the "train" part correctly! And I think Mark Randall just got dragged into this!
At least he didn't copy them in taking his shoes off!
Here's Carson while waiting at the doctor's office for flu shots one day this week (yes, we have just finished up the flu and H1N1 shots - now we are all fully vaccinated)!
Cade kept going to touch the monkeys on the wall - he's a little monkey, too!

0 comments: