The babies started rubbing at their ears again in the church nursery. And we knew from all their typical signs that we'd be in the doctor's office on Monday. Sunday night was so bad - Carson could hardly breathe. I kept having to give him more treatments. Kevin stayed home with the twins and took them to the doctor's office on Monday morning. I talked with the nurse later and she said they were pitiful and that they wouldn't have anything to do with anyone other than their Daddy. I knew they were pitiful, but it was so surprising to hear it from her, because the twins are such people-people that they rarely ever show when they're upset or hurting in public. I'm home with them today, and they're on the mend but definitely taking all my attention. They're getting a good nap, so hopefully the rest of the day will keep getting better. Daddy is bringing us lunch today! Yummy!
Here's a cute story from the weekend before you see the pictures below. We were all at Grandpa Winford and Grandma Marty's house on Saturday for a very nice dinner. Cade and Carson were playing in the living room and Cade fell. He was not satisfied that someone closer to him had picked him up to comfort him, so in his cries he said what sounded like "I want Mommy!" really more like "Iwamama." (His first 3 word utterance!) Anyway, my four and a half year old nephew exclaimed with the widest eyes, "He can talk!" It was so cute! Austin has been so sweet learning about babies and being patient with them - I know he's got to be excited now as they're taking steps, playing, and talking! It's neat to think about their big steps through a child's eyes - how amazing that they can talk now when we've been telling Austin all this time that they can't because they're babies. Aren't the Lord's everyday blessings wonderful!
Here's the twins riding home from Mrs. Charlie's one day last week. 
And here's the boys checking out the fish at their favoriite store - Bass Pro!
Here's Carson and Cade as they saw the neighbor's dog going by and they started to bark at him!
And here is Cade and Carson playing in the bathtub last night!

We're playing in the living room this morning after breakfast!

4 comments:
Ear infections are tough, I know! Trace went through a bad spell with them until we had tubes put in. I pray the boys are feeling better soon! They are so adorable and glad to hear that they are talking so much! Trace is slow in that department, but we are starting to see new words and phrases every day. This morning it was "open this please" or more like "open dis pis!"
Oh, by the way...I saw Kay (can't remember her last name??) from Fairfield Primary...she said to tell you hello! She was so shocked that you have twins!
Hate to hear that the boys aren't feeling well. Hopefully some good Mommy-time got them feeling much better yesterday! Looking forward to seeing you soon...hopefully at the bday party!! Love, John, Rebekah, Jack and Rylee
Post a Comment