CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hot, Mommy, Hot!

Cade and Carson "Help" with almost everything I do. It really warms my heart! They help me with the dishes by putting them in and taking them out of the dishwasher, they help me with the trash by throwing things away "Tash"(they are not allowed to take stuff out of the trash - yucky), they help me with diaper changes by handing me stuff I need, they help me with taking pictures, they help me with folding laundry, they help me with carrying the laundry basket to the laundry room, they help me with putting laundry in the washer (when I hold them up to throw it in) and the dryer (I hand it to them out of the washer and they throw it in) and back into the basket once they're all dry, and now they have recently even started asking to take their current clothes off ("Coat opf", "Hat opf", etc.) to put them in the washer before bath (it started with their socks the other night). I love that efficiency. And now after stressing "Do you need help?", "Thank you for helping!", etc. Cade has started saying, "Help me!" instead of crying for something!!!!! We'll work on the "Please!" later, for now I'm thankful for words instead of whining when something is needed!

The other night while I was cooking dinner, Carson and Cade had their own little way of helping.
I was holding Carson while seasoning chicken on the stove-top (I know that's bad, but it was the back burner and I had him on the hip away from the stove) Kevin was at an out of town business meeting and Cade had just upset Carson by not sharing his toy he was pushing, so of course it was just easier for me to pick him up and distract him. Well, he noticed the chicken and seasonings starting to boil and said, "Hot, Mommy, Hot!" and proceeded to lean over and blow as if he was going to cool it off like it was hot food on his plate! I thought it was the cutest thing, so I took a picture of him doing it!
And then, of course, Cade wanted to do it, too! Notice he doesn't pucker the same as Carson, but he cools off the food nonetheless (well, at least when it's not on a burner with high heat)!


And here's Cade and Carson enjoying their yummy quesidillias (spelling?) that night! Thanks again to Dana Williamson Taylor for the intro to that great meal in grad school!

I love these boys!

1 comments:

Gerrick, Dana, Trace, and Anna Kate said...

AWWW-whenever we pull out the quesadilla maker it makes me think of grad school days!!!:-) Glad you're still enjoying that one! Haha!