One of our receptive language questions at work is: "Is Halloween in the month of March?" Of course that's asking much older people who've had strokes or Dementia! Well, our boys were looking at pictures and saw their Halloween costumes and asked to dress up like penguins! This is the first time they've ever asked to dress up, so I thought it was cute! Well, they ask for certain clothes a lot and one of those is their Gamecocks basketball jersey outfits, but I don't think it's for dressing up, I think it's just because they love 'em!
Of course as soon as they got the sweatshirts on, Cade asked for the hats and Carson asked for the buckets! Complete! But what goes in the buckets?
Oh yeah, they remembered that, too! They got suckers in their buckets this time and had me open them right away to go ahead and eat while sitting right there like good little penguins!
On another day this week, they made this fort in the living room!
They love to play together! Cade especially loves to line stuff up and say choo choo tracks or choo choo train. Carson especially loves to grab pretend items and hand them to Cade to share. They both pretend so much - it's hilarious to hear them play and what they're talking about when they play. The other day when Kevin and I were working on a project in the yard, they were each playing with one end of the water hose "putting out the fire" like little firefighters!
They never cease to amaze me or amuse me! I keep thinking they're doing so great with their language skills, and then they'll show me more. Maybe they'll be writers!!! They say all the small words now that they were always leaving out like: in, the, a, is, etc. So cool! So "What that" changed to "What is that!" It has totally increased their mean length of utterance (MLU). The longest sentence that I've counted was nine words long! "I don't see any boats on the water either!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment